NAFASI YA KAZI PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTIC OFFICER - ACTIONAID TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 23 JANUARY 2017
ActionAid Tanzania started its operation in Tanzania in 1998. It envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently, the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill in the following post:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Work Station: Dar es Salaam, Head Office
Reports to: Head of HROD & SS
Department: HROD & SS
To facilitate and implement procurement and logistics under supervision of the Head of Human Resources, Organizational Development and Support Services.
• Facilitate preparation of procurement plans through assessing needs from head office departments, local rights programs and projects
• Periodically prepare and circulate price lists based on ruling prices and facilitate identification of suppliers and service providers
• Collect quotations from suppliers, analyses it or submit it to tendering committee depending on level of purchase as per the Financial Procedures Manual and Procurement Manual, document processes and recommend the best provider for management decision
• Prepare Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) for goods and services procurements in line with users’ requirements and the financial & purchase policies and procedures & ensure its approvals
• Facilitate preparation of contracts/agreements to be concluded with goods and service providers and ensure its implementation
• collecting quotations and submit all purchase documents to the committee for evaluation and recommendation Facilitate services such as servicing of generator and other IT equipment etc.) and recommend/ track payments for services provided timely
• In collaboration with the IT coordinator, ensure the installation, maintenance and repair of IT and communications systems at the head office and local rights programs
• Facilitate visa processes and work permits for visitors and expiates working with AATZ and liaison such activities
• Maintain the organization’s asset inventory and ensure periodic update to all properties & advise the organization in this area
• Negotiate with Insurance Underwriters /Brokers and obtain relevant Insurance coverage (property damage, all risks, fire, burglary and theft), submit claims timely and track payments thereof in line with signed insurance agreements
• Ensure occupational health and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers) are in place and serviced according to supplier's recommendations
• Initiate asset disposal processes as per the organization’s asset management procedures
• Prepare annual plan and budget for administration and logistics tasks of the head office and ensure local rights programs and projects prepare their respective plans
• Assess, organize and facilitate all logistics plans of the organization at head office, local rights programs and projects (transport service demands for staff and persons that have working relationship with AATZ or shipment of materials)
• Manage fuel provision agreement with fuel stations, including the provision of information regarding authorized staff for fuelling of vehicles and verification of invoices and fuel provision reports and issued fuel coupons
• Locate and facilitate witnesses in court cases that involve AATZ in consultation with the supervisor and the organization lawyers
• Process legal fees and fines in line with signed contracts and court orders
• Liaise with police in investigating cases affecting AATZ in consultation with the supervisor and the organization’s lawyers.
• Follow up the renewal of AATZ’s registration with NGO board and concerned government institutions
Qualification and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics/supplies Management Possession of CPSP will be an added advantage
• Minimum three (2) years’ experience in procurement and logistics from a reputable organization. An NGO experience is an added value.
• Basic computer on word processing and excel
- Public procurement and disposal of public assets
- Procurement processes in Donor funded projects
- Contracting for goods and services
- Procurement, supplies and logistics is a must
- Knowledge of Commodities and Monetization regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of CPSP policies and practices
Skills and Abilities:
• Good complex problem solving skills: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Good critical thinking skills: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Conceptual skills: knowing winder impacts of interrelated environment situations that may have effects on the organization
• Analytical skills: be able to analyse things critically
• Good judgment and decision making skills: considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Good monitoring skills: monitoring/assessing performance of self, other individuals, and systems to make improvement or take corrective action.
• Good English language writing skills: communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Closing date: 23rd January 2017 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Procurement & Logistic Officer” in your email subject. ActionAid respects all candidate applications, as a result of the volume of responses that we receive, we can unfortunately only respond to shortlisted candidates. All applications will be considered on their individual merit; however, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Latest from ajira
- FURSA ZA NAFASI 1000 ZA MAFUNZO YA STADI ZA KUTENGENEZA VIATU TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 4 FEBRUARY 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI DIRECTOR - TRADE MARK EAST AFRICA, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 3 FEBRUARY 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI RESIDENCE MANAGER - BRITISH HIGH COMMISSIONTUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TEREHE 26 JANUARY 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI PROJECT DRIVER CUM - KIGOMA, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 4 FEBRUARY 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI TUUNGANE HEALTH - PATHFINDER INTERNATIONAL(KIGOMA), TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 4 FEBRUARY 2017