BRAEBURN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ARUSHA, TANZANIA.
BRAEBURN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ARUSHA- is an international co- education day and boarding shool catering for both the international and Tanzanian communities. Accredited by the council of international schools, we have arened a reputation for higher academic standards, rich extra- curricular programme and a supportive, friendly environment.
We are inviting applications for the post of:
HEAD TEACHER SECRETARY
To work in the secondary school. The applicant must have excellent secretarial and organizational skilld along with very higher standard of English and understanding of the importance of customer care. The post involves a great deals of contact with children, teacher and parent so good interpersonal skills are of great importance.
Applications should be submitted to the human resource manager by email and include a letter of application, CV and email contact details of at least two referees.
Closing date 31 December 2014.
NAFASI YA KAZI STRATEGIS INSURANCE (TANZANIA) LIMITED MWISHO WA KUTUMA MAOMBI NI TAR 06 JANUARY 2014Written by Edah Mwakalinga
STRATEGIS INSURANCE (TANZANIA) LIMITED
Strategis Insurance (Tanzania) Limited is the first private specialist health insurer to be registered in Tanzania and licensed by the Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority. Strategis aims to provide appropriate and affordable health insurance plans and special emergency evacuation cover for for employees and their families, affinity groups and individuals alike
POSITION: NATIONAL SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
Reporting to the CEO, the position will be responsible for directing all aspects of sales and Marketing activities of the company
• Management of Sales Supervisors, Sales Executives and Sales Funnel activities
• Market Research, Segmentation, Product development, and product evaluation and monitoring.
• Assist the Finance Manager with premium collection and monitoring and follow up of outstanding premiums
• Assist the CEO in developing Marketing, sales and PR strategies of the Company
• Compile management and Sales Funnel reports on the Sales and Marketing of the business each month
• Establish good working relationships with policyholders and brokers
Education including specialized training in any of the following:
• Bachelor Degree of Insurance and Risk Management or Bachelor Degree of Business Administration/Economics or Bachelor Degree in Marketing
• Master of Business Administration (Marketing) will be an added advantage
Minimum 5 years sales experience in the Health Insurance Industry or Finance Services Sector, 2 or more years of which must be at Management level IT field or new university graduate.
• Ability to communicate very well in English both verbal and written
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
• Good numerical skills and ability to absorb and understand detailed statistical data
• The ability to resolve problems and find creative solutions
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good negotiation skills
• Computer skills (MS Office program)
Mode of Application:
All applications should have names of three official referees with their contact detail. Applications accompanied by professionally prepared CVs, copies of all supporting documents along with a recent passport size photograph should be submitted not later than 6th January 2015 to the following address
Human Resources Manager
Strategis Insurance (Tanzania) Limited
P. O. Box 7893
Dar es Salaam
or delivered to:
Dar es salaam
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOURCE; DAILY NEWS 22ND DECEMBER 2014
TRIAS IS LOOKING FOR A...
JUNIOR PROGRAMME ADVISOR FOR ITS PROGRAMMES IN ARUSHA AND MANYARA REGION (2 POSITIONS)
Senior position at Arusha office, junior position to be identified
The programme advisors will work under the guidance of the programme manager. They will be responsible for quality control and follow up of the programmes implemented by our 9 partner organisations. They will also assure the quality implementation of our strategy developed by our thematic advisors, assure good relations with local government officials and capacity building of local partner organizations. The nature of the position will require field work in Longido, Simanjiro, Monduli, Arusha, Babati, Hanang and Mbulu district.
Starting date: 1st of february 2015, if possible
Duration: 2 years and renewable
* Junior programme advisor: minimum bachelor degree in community development, agriculture, economics, business or any other development related study.
* Relevant work experience: 2 year
* Senior programme advisor: minimum master's degree in community development, agriculture, economics, business or any other development related study.
* Relevant work experience: 5 years
Project cycle management
Monitoring & Evaluation
knowledge of microfinance and business development
Knowledge of Kimaasai is an added value
Hardworking, takes responsibility and initiative, independent thinker, honest, team player, able to work in an international, multi-cultural setting.
* Junior programme advisor: between 1.7 and 2 M Tsh, depending on work experience and education.
* Senior programme advisor: between 3 and 4 M Tsh, depending on work experience and education.
Women are encouraged to apply for the position. The positions are only open for Tanzanian nationals. Willingness to travel
Application and deadline:
Trias is an international NGO from Belgium. Together with our partner organisations in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and America, Trias wants to improve livelihood security and well-being of family farmers and small-scale entrepreneurs by strengthening their member-based organizations.
ASSOCIATE DONOR RELATIONS OFFICER, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Closing date: Sunday, 11 January 2015
Job Title: Assc Donor Relations Officer (TAN)
Job ID: 10304
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania-U.R.Of
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania-U.R.Of
Salary Grade: Hardship Level: C
There is no Operational Context for this Job Opening
Duties and Qualifications
Associate Donor Relations Officer (TAN)
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: The Associate Donor Relations Officer role is to provide support to the Sr. Programme Officer in coordinating UNHCR Tanzania's relations with donors with particular emphasis on the resource mobilisation function. The Associate Donor Relations Officer will coordinate closely with various sections within RO Dar es Salaam and with the respective field offices in Tanzania to ensure the necessary inputs for submissions and reporting as well as to ensure that all colleagues are fully aware of relevant donor relations issues. The Associate Donor Relations Officer will also be in regular contact with representatives of donor governments in Dar es Salaam as well as with the relevant DRRM focal points in Geneva and Brussels.
FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT: Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
• Funding submissions prepared.
• Narrative and financial reports submitted.
• Donor contributions tracked.
• Donor visibility strategy developed and implemented.
• Fundraising strategy updated and implemented.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
• Support the Sr. Programme Officer in relations with donor countries. Provide information to donor governments on UNHCR programme activities through continuous dialogue with donor contacts in the relevant embassies and high commissions, including responding to donor governments' requests for information on an ad hoc basis. Engage donors in a strategic dialogue with UNHCR to maintain/increase support.
• Support the Sr. Programme Officer in preparing funding submissions including both the narrative and financial components.
• Support the Sr. Programme Officer in ensuring that narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely and satisfactory fashion, so that donors are fully informed of the use of their contributions and in a position to make qualified decisions about further contributions.
• Track donors' contributions, including against existing approved budgets to identify any cases in which an increase in the operating level will be required in order to absorb the contribution and to avoid duplication of earmarking by multiple donors.
• Maintain regular communication with the Bureau and relevant DRRM focal points to ensure coordination of submissions and reporting, as well as responding to any donor concerns.
• Arrange donor briefings in the capital and donor visits to the field.
• Develop and implement a donor visibility strategy.
• Transmit specific donor concerns to different offices within the operation (protection issues, gender equality, durable solutions, etc.) ensuring appropriate follow up and feedback.
• Support the Sr. Programme Officer in the development and regular updating of the operation's fundraising strategy. Research, develop and maintain donor profiles/fact sheets.
• Present UNHCR programmes to donors in an attractive and convincing manner. Explain constraints for UNHCR of tight earmarking and detailed reporting requirements and present the Unified Budget structure and highlight importance of Mid-year and Global Appeal/Reports.
• Support the Sr. Programme Officer in preparing inputs for Global Appeal/Report and/or other documents that may need to be provided to donor governments on an ad hoc basis.
• Support the Sr. Programme Officer in managing a small budget under direct implementation in support of donor relations activities.
• Assume any other tasks as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
• Make well justified recommendations on the content of funding submissions.
• Take the necessary action to avoid duplication of earmarking or inconsistency between UNHCR approved budgets (OL) and donor contributions.
• Take the necessary action to ensure the donor visibility and fundraising strategies are implemented.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• University Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations and other related fields.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
• Excellent communication and drafting skills.
• Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
• Familiarity with the UN in general and previous experience working with UNHCR either in the field or at Headquarters, ideally both.
• C001L2 - Accountability Level 2
• C002L2 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
• C003L2 - Communication Level 2
• C004L2 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
• C005L2 - Client & Result Orientation Level 2
• C006L2 - Organizational Awareness Level 2
• M004L2 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 2
• M005L2 - Leadership Level 2
• X001L2 - Analytical Thinking Level 2
• X005L2 - Planning and Organizing Level 2
• X007L2 - Political Awareness Level 2
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in the Autumn 2014 Compendium is Sunday 11 January 2015 (midnight Geneva time).
***TO APPLY CLICK HERE***
NAFASI YA KAZI STRATEGIS INSURANCE (TANZANIA) LIMITED MWISHO WA KUTUMA MAOMBI NI TAR 31 DISEMBA 2014Written by Edah Mwakalinga
Strategis Insurance (Tanzania) Limited is the first private specialist health insurer to be registered in Tanzania and licensed by the Insurance Supervisory Department. Strategis aims to provide appropriate and affordable health insurance plans for employees and their families and to large affinity groups. It also provides special emergency evacuation cover for the hospitality industry in Tanzania.
POSITION: IT EXECUTIVE
1. Build, support and troubleshoot workstation.
2. Manage computer operational activities, email and Interne
3. Ensure the system, network and all related equipment are in working condition.
4. For the all IT Systems, be able to manage the implementation, development, monitoring, maintenance and upgrade
5. Server Management Skills and Experience will be taken as an additional Advantage.
1. To perform any other duties assigned by IT Manager.
Education including specialized training:
1. Advanced Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other IT Field.
2. Skills in SQL.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Skills in troubleshooting of the systems.
1. Minimum two years in IT field or new university graduate.
1. Fluent in both English and Kiswahili, written and spoken.
Mode of Application:
All applications should have names of three official referees with their contact detail. Applications accompanied by professionally prepared CVs, copies of all supporting documents along with a recent passport size photograph should be submitted not later than 31 December 2014 to the following address
Human Resources Manager
Strategis Insurance (Tanzania) Limited
P. O. Box 7893
Dar es Salaam
or delivered to:
10 Mkadini Road
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WATER
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR A POSITION OF CHAIRPERSON TO THE NATIONAL WATERBIRD.
MINISTRY OF WATER undertakes management of water resource through nine basn water board established to ensure suitable management and development of water resource at basin level. At national level there is national water board to advise the minister responsible for water on matters related to multi-sectorial coorinatotion in integrated water resource planning and management as well as resolution of national and international water conflicts. The national water board will expire in January 2015. The ministry is now looking for an experienced and qualified candidate for the position of a chairperson to the 2nd national water board.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NATIONAL WATER BOARD.
According to section 21 of the water resource management act. No 11 of 2009 the national water board has the fallowing functions:
a. Examine any matters which may be referred to it to it by the minister or any sector ministry relating to sustainable management of water resources and shall recommend to the ministry of or the sector ministry.
b. Advice on investment priorities and financing patterns and co-coordinate and harmonies externally funded project and programmers affecting water resource.
c. Advice on integration of inter-sectoral water water resource assessment and planning.
d. Advice on co-ordination of basin planning and management.
e. Advice on inter-sectoral or basin conflicts.
f. Advice on investment priorities and financial .
g. Advice on trans boundary water resource management.
h. Recommend to the minister legislative measures for the management of water resource and effective control of water pollution.
i. Liaise with the director on technical matters.
j. Prepare the bi-annual report on the state of the water resources.
k. Preform such other water resource advisory functions as the ministry may deem necessary.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE.
Applicant for this position should posses adequate knowledge and experience in the water sector, water related sector or proven experience in the leadership and administration. He/she should have specific knowledge on water resource management discipline and should not be from a major water user.
DURATION OF THE BOARD
The tenure of the national water board is three years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are invited to send their application etter with updated curriculum vitae (CV) and three names and addresses of reputable referees to the address below not leter than Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 15:30 hours
The permanent secretary,
Ministry of water,
426 Morogoro Road,
14473, Dar es salaam.
Please indicate on the envelop “ Board chairperson for the national water board.”
TANGAZO LA NAFASI YA KAZI
MENEJA WA KMT MUSOMA PRESS (1)
1.0 MASHARTI YA JUMLA
1.1 mkristo mtanzania mwenye umri umri kati ya miaka 25-45
1.2 Mwombaji aambatanishe wasifu hai (current curriculum vitae).
1.3 Mwombaji aambatanishe nakala zilizothibitishwa na za kitaaluma na litaala (certified copies of academic and professional achievements).
1.4 Mwombaji hana dusi kupitisha barua yake kwa mchungaji kiongozi wa kanisa lake.
1.5 Ni mwombaji wa kukidhi vigezo tu vilivyopo ndio wataitwa kwenye usaili.
1.6 Siku ya mwisho kutuma maombi ni tarehe 15 /01/2015 si zaidi ya saa 9: alasiri.
NIGEZO/SIFA ZA MWOMBAJI:
3.1.1 Elimu ya kidato cha IV na kufaulu si chini ya daraja la III.
3.1.2 kiwango cha chini stashahada ya uendeshaji- Biashara, masoko, Tehama, kutoka kwenye chuo kinachotambuliwa na barraza la faifa la mafunzo ya ufundi (NACTE)na /au tume ya vyuo vikuu tanzania (TCU)
3.2.1 Wenye elimu ya stashahada wanatakiwa kuwa na uzoefu wa kufanya kazi ya uendeshaji au utawala kwa muda usiopunga mwaka mmoja.
4.0: MAJUKUMU YA JUMLA:
4.1 Ni katibu wa bodi ya uendeshaji wa taasis hiyo.
4.2 atasimamia uendeshwaji wa kiwanda wa siku kwa siku.
4.3 atasimamia raslimali zote za kiwanda ambazo ni pamoja na watumishi, mitambo, malighafi, majengo miundombinu mingine.
4.4 atatafuta masoko.
4.5 atashauri bodi na kanisa kwa ujumla namna bora ya kuboresha na kuimarisha huduma ya taasisi hiyo.
4.6 kuandaa mipango ya uendeshaji taasisi na kuiwasilisha kwenye bodi.
5.0. MASLAHI NA STAHILI NYINGINEZO
Kipo kitita cha kuvutia (attractive package).
5.1 kuna nyumba ya kuishi karibu na eneo la kiwanda.
5.1 Mshahara unategemea na sifa ya mwombaji atakayeajiriwa.
6.0 JINSI YA KUTUMA MAOMBI:
Maombi yatumwe kwa barua pepe na anuani ya kawaida nyenye anuani ifuatayo:
KANISA LA MENNONITE TANZANIA,
Source: DAILY NEWS OF 19 DISEMBER 2014.
NAFASI YA KAZI KATIKA TAASISI YA BENJAMINI WILLIUM MKAPA HIV/AIDS MWISHO WA KUTUMA MAOMBI TAR 10 JANUARI 2015Written by Ajira Zetu1
TAASISI YA BENJAMINI WILLIUM MKAPA HIV/AIDS
KWA KUSHIRIKIANA NA ABBOTT FUND TANZANIA.
TANGAZO LA KAZI
WANATEKNOLOJIA WA MAABALA WASAIDIZI.
Katika kuchangia jitihada za serikali za kuboresha utoaji na upatikanaji wa huduma bora za afya, taasisi ya Benjamin William Mkapa HIV/AIDS (BMAF) imekuwa ikitekereza miradi mbalimbali ukiwemo mradi wa kuimarisha maabara za Hospitali za mikoa unaotekerezwa chini ya ufadhili wa Abott Fund Tanzania.
Katika mwendelezo wa jitihada hizi taasisi ya BMAF kwa kushirikiana na hospitali ya taifa ya Muhimbili na Abbott Fund Tanzania inatekeleza mradi wa kuimarisha huduma za afya mwenye maabara kuu ya Hosputali ya Taifa ya mhimbili ambapo moja ya Lengo ni kuongeza wataalum wa maabara kumi na sita (16) katika idara hiyo. Ili kutekareza mradi huu, Taasisi inatangaza nafasi 16 za ajira ya ngazi ya wateknolojia maabara wasaidizi (assistant Laboratory Technologist), na waombaji wanapaswa kuwa na sifa zifuatazo:
SIFA KWA WAOMBAJI
• Cheti cha kuhitimu mafunzo ya wanateknolojia wasaidizi wa maabara kutoka chuo kinachotabuliwa na serikali.
• Cheti cha kidato cha nne au sita.
• Ujuzi na uzoefu wa ktumia program mbalimbali za kompyuta kama Microsoft office (word, excel, power point)
• Ajira ndani ya mradi huu itaolewa kwa mkataba na mara baada ya kukamilika kipindi cha mkataba, waajiliwa wote katika mradi huu watatakiwa kujiunga katika utumisha walioacha kazi serikalini kwa sababu mbalimbali (aidha kwa hiari au kufukuzwa)
• Waombaji wawe na umri usiozidi miaka 30 ifikapo tarehe ya mwisho wa tangazo hili.
MAOMBI YOTE YAAMBATANISHWE NA:
1. Barua ya maombi ya kazi ionyeshe ridhaa ya kujiunga na utumish wa umma, baada ya kukamilika kipindi cha mkataba.
2. Nakala ya cheti cha taaluma na cheti cha kidato cha nnene au cha sita na view view vimedhibitishwa na wakili.
3. Picha mbili (2) – saizi za pasipoti na wasifu binafsi (CV) vikionyesha umri, annuani kamili na namba ya simu ya kiganjani, pamoja na anuani na namba ya simu ya kiganjani ya wadhamini wako wasiopungua watatu.
Mwisho wa kupokea maomb haya ni tarehe 10 Januari 2015
Maombi yote yatumwe kwa njia ya posta kwa anuani ifuatayo:
Afisa mtendaji mku, Benjamin William Mkapa HIV/AIDS foundation
Kiwanja no 372,
Barabara ya Chole, Masaki-Dar es salaam
Tangazo hili linapatikana pia katika tovuti ya
Chanzo Mwananchi la tarehe 19 Disemba 2014.
KAGERA FARMERS COOPERATIVE BANK LIMITED
Kagera farm cooperative bank limited started operations since July 2002 under BOT license NO. CBA 00022.
The vision of the bank is to render competitive and reliable banking services to its customers and stakeholders; while its mission is
To be a unique regional cooperative Bank providing quality financial services with strong focus on promoting rural development and improvement of the lively hood of the lively hood of the poor.
The bank invites applications from qualified Tanzanians for the position of:-
POSITION; GENERAL MANAGER- ONE POST
• Deliver fast efficient and customer friendly services to customers.
• Prepare budget for the bank.
• Enhance the image of the bank to the public.
• Ensure full internal policies/ procedures, statutory and regulatory compliance.
• Chairperson to the management and credit committee.
• Review work performance of the bank staff periodically and submit report on quarterly basis.
• Ensure security of the bank premises and asset are maintained at all times in liaison with other units with security maintenance responsibilities.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE.
• MBF, MBA, Bachelor Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, Financial, Accountancy or any related qualifications.
• CPA is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in banking industry in managerial position.
• Competency in using excel, word and advanced spreadsheet analysis an added advantage.
• Minimum age 35 years, maximum 50 years.
• Commensurate to the job advertised.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the above job requirement should submit written application with passport size photographs along with detailed curriculum vitae (CSV) and details of two referee showing their addresses and telephone numbers, photocopies of academic qualifications, transcripts/ professional certificates to:
The chairman of the board,
Kagera farmers’ cooperative bank Ltd,
DEADLINE IS 20 JANUARY 2015
SOURCE: DAILY NEWS OF 19 DECEMBER 2014.
AGA KHAN FOUNDATION TANZANIA
TITLE; MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location; Mtwara, Lindi
How do you create economic opportunity in isolated areas? In the Mtwara and Lindi regions of Southern Tanzania, the Aga Khan Foundation is developing links between private companies and smallholder farmers to unlock markets. AKF is looking for a social innovator with private sector experience to work as a Market Development Manager, based in Mtwara. The job comes complete with an isolated location, lack of basic amenities at times, sleepless nights, too much travel, an always-full inbox, and a nagging sense that you could always do more. The job also comes with some of the greatest colleagues on the planet, tangible results from your hard work, and the knowledge that you are contributing to a global conversation on economic development.
The Aga Khan Foundation has been working in East Africa for thirty years and pursues innovative solutions to the seemingly intractable problems that lead to poverty. AKF is an equal opportunity employer committed to employee well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and strengthen strategies, approaches and interventions to expand private sector engagement in Lindi and Mtwara for selected agriculture value chains
• Engage with private businesses and facilitate increased business activities between the private sector and smallholder farmers
• Steer and guide sustainable production intensification approaches, including mainstreaming a Conservation Agriculture approach
• Manage the development and delivery of annual work plans, budgets and reports to meet agreed objectives and targets.
• Lead, manage and mentor the team of over 40 staff
Qualifications and Experience
• A social innovator with strong experience in the business world
• Minimum of a BSc in Business Administration, Commerce or Agriculture (Masters degree preferred)
• Minimum 8 years working in agri-business, 5 years in a senior management role
• Experience of working in agriculture value chains, preferably in rice, sesame, horticulture, or legumes
• Strong leadership, project management and people management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili
• Willingness to live in Mtwara, Tanzania and travel to remote areas as needed
SOURCE; THE GUARDIAN 18 DEC 2014