Nature of Work:
Radio Editor oversees and directs the work of news and programs. She/he will have day-to-day control of news output, identifying stories, selecting and commissioning material for bulletins or programs.
Editor will have editorial control over news output and ensure that professional journalistic standards are maintained, and that content complies with the law, broadcast regulation and organizational policy.
Editor is the first point of contact for legal or editorial queries.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Radio editor must keep abreast of local, regional, national or international issues of relevance to their station or program output.
2. It is the Radio Editor’s role to generate original ideas and approaches to the way stories are covered.
3. Editor will assign work to their team, briefing and deploying reporters. Usually has managerial responsibility for their team, motivating them, developing their skills and reviewing performance.
4. He/she manages program budgets, and allocates and prioritizes the use of technology resources. Editor may also report, produce or present when required.
5. Setting and driving the news agenda.
6. Generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences.
7. Maintain objectivity in order to be fair and balanced in the treatment of stories.
8. Manage radio market, different station and program styles and audience demographics.
9. Have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production, and broad experience of their application in radio and the practice of journalism.
Training and Experience Required:
1. Considerable experience at least 5 year in journalism including administrative capability.
2. Masters holder, preferably with specialization in Journalism/Mass communication and radio management.
3. Considerable knowledge of business development, planning, and project management.
4. Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals, businesses, supervisors, employees, and the general public.
5. Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations.
Contract period: The holder of this position will be offered a contract of two years- renewable
Mode of Application:
Interested candidate should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, curriculum vitae, telephone number and contact addresses of three referees to the address below
North Eastern Diocese-Evangelical Lutheran Church,
P.O Box 10 Lushoto-Tanga,
E-mail [email protected]
E-mail [email protected]