NAFASI YA KAZI PROGRAM COORDINATOR - ACTION AID TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 23 JANUARY 2017
ActionAid Tanzania started its operation in Tanzania in 1998. It envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently, the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill in the following post:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Work station: Pemba Local Rights Program (LRP)
Reports to: Women Rights & LRPs Oversight Manager
Department: Program & Policy
To plan, co-ordinate and implement ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ’s) LRP programs. The key objective of this position is advocate for changes in policies and practices that impact on the lives of the people living in poverty. Guiding and facilitating local programs for active mobilization and organization of the people living in poverty
• Monitor the implementation of the LRP strategy and ensure that short term programmes are within the framework of the country strategy paper (CSP)
• As appropriate prepare LRP strategic plan and phase out plan , in line with AATZ’s country strategy and LRP context
• Organize periodic review , reflection and planning (PRRP) sessions with partners to gauge progress/change, share learning, recommendations and findings with relevant stakeholders
• Develop and sustain positive working relationships with partner community based organisations (CBOs), local government and line ministries to influence informal and formal policies
• Enhance the capacity of partners through training on advocacy planning, gender analysis, organizational development, leadership and management skills
• Support and build the capacity of community organizations to advocate and campaign on issues affecting them
• Represent the organization / Unit in various programme-related knowledge sharing and learning forums at national and international levels, document and share feedback with the AATZ team
• Contribute to policy briefs and media strategies that inform stakeholders about the policy positions of ActionAid and partners.
• In liaison with AATZ fund raising coordinator initiate project ideas, prepare project concept notes and preliminary project proposals
• Coordinate sponsorship work at LRP level including mobilising communities for active involvement in the program
• Line manage LRP staff, ensure staff development needs are identified, addressed and performance management is carried out effectively.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Development studies in any relevant social Sciences Discipline from a recognized institution
• Project planning and management
• Human Rights Based Approach
• Participatory approaches and methodologies
• Governance, Civic empowerment and accountability
• Monitoring and evaluation
• At least 3 years minimum working experience in the social development field.
• Understanding of programming issues and policy work at state, national and international levels.
• Understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equality within the organisation and in programme work.
Skills and Abilities:
• People management skills
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Budgeting and Finance Management skills
• Program management skills
• Funding proposal development
• Good communication skills
• Networking and stakeholder management skills
• Public Policy formulation, Policy Research, Analysis and Policy Advocacy
NB: The Candidate must possess a valid Vehicle driving License which will enable them to drive Organizational vehicle
Closing date: 23rd January 2017 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Program Coordinator” in your email subject. ActionAid respects all candidate applications, as a result of the volume of responses that we receive, we can unfortunately only respond to shortlisted candidates. All applications will be considered on their individual merit; however, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Latest from ajira zetu
- NAFASI ZA KAZI KARIAKOO MARKET CORPORATION - TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 25 APRIL 2017
- NJIA 5 ZA KUONGEZA UFANISI KATIKA UTENDAJI WA KAZI
- NAFASI ZA KAZI DRIVER & PROJECT MANAGER - AMREF HEALTH AFRICA (TANZANIA), TUMA MAOMBI YAKO KABLA YA TAREHE 20 APRIL 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI REAL ESTATE OFFICER - TANZANIA TEACHER'S UNION, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 21 APRIL 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI MANAGER – MDH, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 18 APRIL 2017