NAFASI YA KAZI VENTILATION ENGINEER - ACACIA MINING TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 20 JANUARY 2017
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Ventilation Engineer based at North Mara Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Underground Production Section Leader and the role holder will be accountable to ensure the mine has required ventilation to sustain operations safely and efficiently; allowing the expansion of underground workings supported by a ventilation plan.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Development of robust and accurate ventilation layouts, ensuring compliance to the layout implementation.
• Ensure refuge bay compliance.
• Develop a ventilation control system whereby there is compliance to required flow and temperatures in the working areas.
• Ensure that primary fans air flow is delivered to underground via the primary ventilation tunnels.
• Ensure that secondary fan flow is delivered to the correct working headings underground.
• Conduct primary and secondary ventilation surveys including airflow measurements, gas and dust tests
• Maintain a fan registry and responsibility for fan issues, new orders and replacement.
• Incorporate ventilation design into the short and medium term mining plans.
• All required reports are delivered on time, accurately and with appropriate content.
• Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an underground environment
• At least 1 years’ experience as statutory Ventilation Officer/Technician
• Experience in the Gold Mining Industry is preferred
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Ventilation design
• Use of Ventsim and or VUMA software is essential
• Mine design
• Underground Mining Methods and Systems
• Use of mine design software Deswick, Surpac, Studio5DP or similar
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook
• Analysis and diagnosis of data
• OHS Legislation
• Mines Regulations and Act
• Environmental Legislation
Job Mining - Underground
Primary LocationTanzania-Mara Region-North Mara Gold Mine
Unposting Date Jan 20, 2017, 7:59:00 AM
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Latest from ajira zetu
- NAFASI ZA KAZI KARIAKOO MARKET CORPORATION - TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 25 APRIL 2017
- NJIA 5 ZA KUONGEZA UFANISI KATIKA UTENDAJI WA KAZI
- NAFASI ZA KAZI DRIVER & PROJECT MANAGER - AMREF HEALTH AFRICA (TANZANIA), TUMA MAOMBI YAKO KABLA YA TAREHE 20 APRIL 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI REAL ESTATE OFFICER - TANZANIA TEACHER'S UNION, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 21 APRIL 2017
- NAFASI YA KAZI MANAGER – MDH, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 18 APRIL 2017