Dar es Salaam
MSF Switzerland (MSF-CH)
JOB VACANCY: ACCOUNTANCY MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
MSF Switzerland (MSF-CH) is currently seeking to employ a qualified candidate for the following position:
Function: ACCOUNTANCY MANAGER
Start date: Immediately
Report to: Finance Coordinator
Location Dar es Salaam and Field visit if required
Coordinate and supervise the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and with MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission. Is responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission: cash procedures, bank accounts, paper accounting (receipts and support documents), electronic data-entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents.
• Coordinate and oversee the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, inform the superior about it for its consolidation, with the aim that the statement reflects the financial reality of the mission. Ensure strict respect of deadlines.
• Ensure compliance to MSF guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures for the mission: in particular financial standards and procedures, and engagement of expenditure (purchasing and payment procedures).
• Responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission: both paper accounting (invoices and receipts, required support documents and proper audit trail), electronic data-entry (encoding in the accounting software), including consolidation and archiving of the accounting journals for the whole mission (for capital and all fields)
• Coordinate and ensure that the procedures governing money management are properly followed,
• Is responsible for the financial management of the donor contract :
• Prepare the financial reports to donors -Do donor's follow up and analyse the needfor amendments, verifyfinancial reports
• Ensure reporting conditions are met and stakeholdersin the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for exmaple, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
• Coordinate and oversee the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
• Coordinate and supervise the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
• Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people capabilities
• Inform and report to his/her superior the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, to verify what is the evolution of project finances and provide information about them. NOTE: This does not apply for OCBA.
• Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
• In OCBA: Pay Per diems and security envelopes when needed.
• In OCBA: In close coordination with the FinCo, authorizes HQ invoices and guarantees the proper recording of expenditures according to the defined Purchase Circuit.
• In OCBA and OCB: Briefs on specific accountancy management all staff involved (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
Education • Essential solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification.
• Desirable University degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
Experience Essential 4 years previous experience in similar relevant position jobs. In OCBA, essential 2 years of previous experience is similar relevant positions
Languages Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
Knowledge • Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
• Local accounting standards, Desirable MSF accounting software, ERP system knowledge, local laws.
Competencies • People Management
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV to the HR department at MSF Switzerland via email [email protected] latest by Tuesday 18th of October, 2016 at 5pm.
Please be sure to indicate in the subject line of your email the position title `` Accountancy Manager``.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.