VALUE ADDED PRODUCT MANAGER
Overall Purpose of the job
The main purpose of the position is to grow the VAP’s division and promote the overall ROI at a
National level. This role would include helping define and execute the strategy, products and
roadmap for the company as set out by the General Manager: Value Added Products
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Define the go to market strategy for the company’s Value added services and Identify vendors
and partners to accomplish this strategy
2. Liaising with vendor and partners on forecasts, products, discounts and price negotiations.
3. Assist with market research as well as introducing and launching new products.
4. Management of all day-to-day aspects of the value added product including product
operations, product marketing, product development, business analysis, account management,
5. Take full P&L responsibility within the value added services business unit.
6. Participate in the product marketing activities including value proposition refinement, pricing
strategies, promotions, presentations, advertising, speaking opportunities and testimonials.
7. Participate in sales strategies, contract negotiations and client presentations.
8. Work across divisions to ensure high quality integration between the Contact Centre and the
company’s other product families
9. Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented
10. Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to expand the
value added services product line
11. Influence product and technology strategy and direction (roadmap), and product and user
12. Define and implement strategy for the development and distribution of reports
13. Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the
product. This involves printed and electronic promotional material and product training.
14. Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with
colleagues to address any issues or enquiries as they arise.
15. Approve the printing of marketing material and publications and ensuring that it is in line
with the internal standard operating procedures
16. Manage call centre staff to ensure sales targets are met
17. Evaluate sales personnel proficiency, implementing corrective actions and defining training
needs and/or skills enhancement recommendations, if applicable.
Key skills, experience & qualifications required
1. Bachelor's degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience 5-10
years of Product Management Experience
2. Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to
deliver a product
3. Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things
4. Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency,
ability to motivate others
5. Team player with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and
ALL APPLICATIONS (CV- MS-WORD FORMAT ONLY, ACADEMIC
CERTIFICATES, AND APPLICATION LETTER) SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
P.O. Box: P. O. Box 10624
Physical Address:3rd Floor, The Arcade House, Plot No. 72, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni, Opp. TFL Motors
SEND EMAIL TO: [email protected] .
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION ONLY ONCE FOR EACH JOB VACANCY AND
IF QUALIFIED.ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED NOT
LATER THAN ONE WEEK AFTER THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION.