Main Responsibilities An International NGO is looking for a Admin and Logistics (Procurement) Officer (Mtwara);
Provide leadership to all procurement functions for CRSPT in Lindi and Mtwara, ensuring procurements are done within policy and according to agreed standards for timeliness and quality.
Assist the Programme Director to manage the day to day administration of the offices in line with the administrative policies and procedures.
Ensure a process of sourcing credible suppliers and vendors for goods and services in close partnership with the Finance office, CRSPT management and Procurement committee. This includes sourcing quotations, submitting tender documents, analysing supplier bids etc in line with Organizations and donor policies and standards.
Proactively ensure negotiations with suppliers and vendors to secure value-for-money procurements are done in a transparent manner and maintain appropriate relationships with suppliers that exemplify the highest standards of accountability and credibility.
Ensure all suppliers have up-to-date contracts in place prior to sourcing goods or services from them and that they remain updated.
Lead or participate in a price survey of most commonly procured goods and services to ensure market trends are identified and Organizations maintains competitive purchasing
Ensure maintenance and management of a procurement and suppliers database that tracks the progression of all purchases and suppliers.
Ensure all logistic arrangements are done on time for all visitors to CRSPT program in Lindi and Mtwara
Provide supervision and oversight to the administrative staff, ensuring their functions are well understood, organized and executed on time and with the highest level of professionalism and service.
Ensure the establishment, maintenance and oversight of all office records, ordering and maintenance of office equipment, furniture and supplies.
Ensure that all the purchases are in accordance with Organizations Tanzania and donor procurement policies.
Ensure that proper records were maintained for office expenditures, receipts, purchase orders and Quote evaluation etc. according to Organizations Tanzania and donor policies.
Facilitate the bid evaluation submitted by potential suppliers.
Ensure safety and maintenance of all office equipment’s and premises.
Ensure proper management of fleet of Cars and motorcycle and ensure coordinated use according to organization policies and priorities.
Submit a monthly report to Program Director on Administration and logistics matters.
Any other task assigned by Program Director based on organizational need
Establish work schedules and ensure their effective implementation in the Administration Office.Assign work to subordinates and train them in work procedures and methods.
In coordination with HR officer and Programme Director administer discipline, handle employee relations matters in accordance with Organizations Personnel Manual Policy and Human Resource Policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
Assist Programme Director to identify problems, gather the facts and set an objective and find solutions for them.
Minimum Advanced Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Procurement, BA in Administration and or related field
At least 4 years’ experience in the field
Experience in working in donor funded project will be an added advantage
Good IT skills
Good interpersonal & communication skills
Be able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Poverty Reduction Agency is a non-profit organization that follows set of measures, both
economic and humanitarian, that permanently lifts people out of suffering. Measures, that
intends to end poverty forever by enabling the poorest communities to create wealth for
Our mission is to help our communities bring permanent end to poverty.
PRA Tanzania works on the idea that all people, everywhere in the world, not only developed
but also developing countries, have the right to a life free from poverty. PRA Tanzania partners
with countries, national and international government and non-government organisations,
companies, agencies and any individual in need to support and improve the quality of lives
regardless of age, gender, ethnic, political, or religious association.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Programs Admin
RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
JOB PURPOSE: To be responsible for the smooth running of the PRA – Tanzania Arusha
office, providing a full secretarial service for the Office Manager and other staffs.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing
and copying to management
2. Manage calendar for Managing Director
3. To act as the first point of contact with visitors, partners, donors and other persons on a
range of matters.
4. To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Office Manager including
typing/word processing and receiving telephone calls and emails.
5. To open, sort and distribute post, including that received via the Postal Office service.
6. To operate the office telephone, fax and e-mail systems.
7. To undertake administrative duties in respect of staff attendance, including following up
of individual absences, in accordance with PRA – Tanzania’s absence policy.
8. To help ensure that the reception area and displays are neat, tidy and clean showing the
office at its very best at all times (this is a particular priority at office open hours and
9. To deal with lost property, ensuring the return of named items and safe storage of
unclaimed and unlabeled equipment.
10. To schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Managers
11. To assist with the receiving deliveries of stock, checking against delivery notes and
informing intended recipients of any shortages, damage etc.
12. To maintain stocks of stationery and office supplies and oversee stocktaking.
13. To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of organisation-related matters and to
prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
14. To continually promote and support the ethos and principles of the organisation and to
avoid any action that may be detrimental or prejudicial to the interests of the
15. To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
Skills and Education Qualifications
Holder of Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Secretarial Studies/Administrative or its equivalent from a relevant Institution.
Ready to gain administrative support experience
Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel is a must
Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
Excellent communication skills IN English and Swahili – written and verbal
Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills on day to day basis
Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions
Good character and attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter and certificates, including
relevant Curriculum Vitae and other documents if necessary, to the
PRA – Tanzania Headquarters office Manager,
P.O Box 152, Usa River – Arusha,
before 31st March 2017, or email your applications directly to the organisation email before the date.
An Administration committee will then assess the applications with results expected by 7th April
to only shortlisted candidates for interview.
NAFASI YA KAZI FINANCE AND ADMINSTRATIONS MANAGER – HELVETAS SWISS INTERCOOPERATIONS
Helvetas Swiss Intercooperations is a Swiss NGO actively contributing to the improvement of the living conditions and status of economically poor and socially disadvantage people in more than 33 years developing countries, water and infrastructure, rural economy, environment and climate, educations and skills development and governance and peace are the main areas of focus of HELVETAS
HELVETAS have been working in Tanzania for more than 15 years, implementing various developing projects currently its is implementing 3 projects grain post harvest loss preventions project, strengthening smallholder producers vegetables productions and marketing (EU KUWAKI) and quality educations through the expert teachers system there is plan to initiate two more projects by the end of 2017
- Bachelor degree in business Administrations’ or commerce with specialized in accountancy and professional qualifications such as ACA, CPA or equivalent
- 10 years of relevant experience of which more than 3 years with developing organizations
DUTIES ANDD RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform finance and admin functions of country programme
- Ensure organizations policy and procedure are fully followed in projects partners and country office level
- Execute statutory compliance related TAX VAT service and other applicable local laws
- Facilitate regular internal and external auditing
- Support project finance person as per the guidance of supervisor
- Good organizations skills
- Committed to perform tasks within strict deadlines
- Ability to learn and capable to demonstrate innovative
- Share HELVETAS Swiss interoperations values
- Proficiency in Microsoft productions
- Familiar with accounting packages
Interested candidates are requested to submit letter of intent an updated CV and the names of 3 referees from their previous employers to the email address [email protected]
DEADLINE IS 24TH FEBRUARY 2017
SOURCE THE GUARDIN FEBRUARY 14, 2017
Finance & Admin Officer
Molly’s Network is a non-profit organisation registered in Tanzania, supported by a sister charity in the UK.
We believe that small, local organisations have the best understanding of the needs in their community,
and are often the best placed to meet these needs. However, we recognise that these organisations face
two common problems. First, if they are highly effective and efficient, they often struggle to prove this and
make connections to donors and partners outside their immediate community. Second, local
organisations often get to a certain level and struggle to progress any further, held back by poor internal
structures and systems.
In response to these issues, Molly’s Network has created Tanzania’s first assessment and accreditation
scheme for non-profit organisations, with a complementary capacity building model.
We’re now looking for a committed professional with the energy and drive to support us in our new period
of expansion. The role will require experience in financial accountability, administrative support and a
passion for working with civil society organisations. Importantly, we are looking for someone who is open
to working beyond the confines of financial management and is keen to learn about our Accreditation
scheme and support us with this core programmatic function.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Conditions: Full time, 1 year contract with six month probationary period. Renewal is based on
performance and availability of resources.
Responsible to: Executive Director
Salary: 1,500,000 TZS gross
Ensuring transparent and efficient management of all financial transactions, ensuring they are recorded
completely, correctly and in a timely way. Keeping all files and records updated and ensuring that all
transactions are in line with the organisations’ guidelines and budgets. Assist with administrative duties to
ensure the smooth running of the office. Support the successful execution of Molly’s Network’s
Accreditation scheme by assisting in the multi-staged process and by conducting organisational
• Reconcile bank statements for the organisation’s USD and TZS bank accounts on a monthly basis;
• Record transactions in accordance with the approved guidelines, budgets, supporting documents
to the proper accounting codes;
• Manage petty cash;
• Prepare for audits and timely implementation of recommendations;
• Support the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget;
• Ensure approved budgets are adhered to at all times;
• Prepare and reconcile monthly payroll;
• Make statutory payments (PAYE, NSSF, Withholding tax);
• Produce quarterly financial reports fully reconciled for review by Executive Director and the Board;
• Prepare monthly management accounts for the Executive Director;
• Prepare donor financial reports in line with contractual/donor agreements;
• Make only approved payments and ensure that proper documents are attached to the payment
• Maintain accounting records by chronologically filing documents and keeping them secured and
making regular backups of the computerized accounting systems and other relevant data;
• Execute any other tasks as required by the Executive Director to ensure the smooth financial
management of the organisation;
• Assist with office administrative duties as required (this may include purchasing office supplies,
office travel, ensuring legal compliance, arranging logistics);
• Support with the organisational assessment process, which includes collecting completed
application forms, conducting online due diligence checks, developing MoUs and creating an
• Conduct project and office visit assessments. For this activity you will receive training on our tool,
approach and principles so that you can become an effective Assessor and representative of
Job entry qualifications and experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Business Administration;
• At least 3 years working experience with an NGO in Accounting and with knowledge on donor
reporting and requirements;
• Knowledgeable about information technology systems including accounting and office software such
• PC proficiency and good knowledge of using MS Word and Excel;
• Experienced in carrying out administrative duties;
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili;
• Diligent, highly organized and self-motivated individual;
• A person with high integrity;
• A person with attention to detail;
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
• Able to work as part of a team.
How to Apply
If these opportunities and challenges sound appealing, we would love to hear from you. Please submit
your CV with a covering letter (both should be a maximum of 2 pages) in PDF that outlines how your
experience and skills make you the most suitable candidate for the role by the 31st January 2017. Please
note that applications that do not comply with these application requirements will not be considered.
PO Box 106090, Dar es Salaam E: [email protected]
We are looking for an Office manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Office manager responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees. Previous experience as a Front office manager or Office administrator would be an advantage. A successful Office manager should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
Ultimately, the Office manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Serve as the point person for office manager duties including:
chedule meetings and appointments
-Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment
-Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
-Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
-Organize office operations and procedures
-Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
-Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
-Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
-Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
-Provide general support to visitors
-Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
-Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
0Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
0Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
Skills and Qualifications
-Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant
-Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
-Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
-Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
-Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and Boomera
-Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
-Attention to detail and problem solving skills
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
-A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
-High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Medical & Dental
Employer Name: International Organization for Migration
Organization Type: NGO
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 18-10-2016
Listed on: 06-10-2016
Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Officer (MHO) and the direct supervision of the Chief Nurse, in Kigoma, Tanzania, the incumbent will provide administrative support, clerical services and assistance with the organization of logistical support to the Resettlement Health Assessment Programmes.
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form(https://tanzania.iom.int/vacancies), submit CV and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contactsvia APPLY NOW below
Or send applications to the address below;
International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania,
off Chole Road,
Plot # 1365 Msasani.
PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/vacancies