The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to feel various positions as per the AGPAHI organogram
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) intends to recruit an Administration Officer and Office attendant for Tanga office.
Position: Administration Officer (01)
Reports to: Senior HR & Administration Officer
Duty station: Tanga
The Administration Officer is responsible to administer and oversee essential administrative activities in Tanga office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS: Reception
• Welcome all visitors and ensure that they sign the visitors Book.
• Ensure that all visitors are correctly referred and attended to on professionally manner and that at all times there is someone at the reception.
• Answer/redirect telephone calls, taking messages, receive/assist visitors and ensure that the Switchboard is manned at all times.
• Maintain reception information/literature, man fax and general email service and handle unsolicited requests for employment.
• Keep the reception area tidy and welcoming during office hours and ensure always there is someone at the reception.
• Monitor the official stamp usage to avoid personal usage.
• Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
• Facilitate Hotel and flight booking for Project office staffs.
• Ensure office and kitchen supplies are available and issued as per AGPAHI procedures and requirements.
• Manage project office petty cash and ensure petty cash payment requirements and procedure are adhered/followed.
• Maintain the Staff Movement board at the reception to ensure that the daily whereabouts of staffs are recorded.
• Prepare Admin weekly status reports and send to HR and Admin Manager on every Monday.
• Coordinate cleanliness and organization of office premises and surroundings.
• Oversees the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and report of any default.
• Oversees proper running of utilities for the building such as electricity, water and proper function of telephone lines.
• Organize for receipt and delivery of mail / sends and receives faxes.
• Carry out other secretarial duties as assigned by the HR and Administration Manager, which may include: Maintaining contact database, maintaining resource library, hotel and air reservations, drafting letters, program report consolidation, and other duties as needed and appropriate.
• Ensures that AGPAHI vehicles/equipment are properly maintained as per requirements
• Ensures vehicle usage and fuel log reports properly completed, signed, and reports are sent to Dar office on a monthly basis.
• Undertake the procurement of goods and service locally, as much as possible as per AGPAHI requirement.
• Coordinates use of all AGPAHI vehicles and Drivers activities with the collaboration of Regional Program Coordinator.
• Liaises with vendors to ensure proper goods and services are provided to Field Office.
• Ensures all procurement policies are properly implemented and adhered to.
• Maintains/updates Staffs Leave records and ensure all leaves are properly documented for Project office staffs.
• Maintain and update staff attendance register and ensure it is shared with HR department on monthly basis.
• Monitor staffs attendance at the office and inform management of any incompliance.
• Ensures all HR policies and procedures are properly adhered to.
• Managing compliance and risk management at the Tanga office.
• Enhance performance of quality output in all associate administration officers’ roles.
• Enhancing customer engagement and relationship management in your work.
• Supervise program drivers and an office attendant at Tanga office.
Qualifications, Skills and ability
• Educational background relevant to fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities as described above(University/college degree on related field is required)
• 2-3 years’ experience as an Office Administrator.
• Previous experience in working with NGO sector is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High quality written & oral communication ability
• Strong supervisory skills
• Strong computer literacy
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Wednesday 9th AUGUST, 2017 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to [email protected] Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Submission can also be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Plot 372, House No. 7 Chole Road (Near Coco Beach)
P.O. Box 38252 Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.