SOCIAL WORKER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES;
Rafiki Social Development Organization is the leading organization in Kahama and Shinyanga with focus on ensuring realization of rights to children, youth, marginalized and vulnerable groups. We have been working in Shinyanga Region since 2005 with Registration No.NGO/0006336 under NGO Act. 2002.and have established an impressive track record in delivering grassroots impact through youth led empowerment programmes aligned to the Government of Tanzania’s education policies by complying with plans and Millennium Development Goals. We are in our new year of our ambitious new strategic plan 2015-2019 with huge results to be realized in our goal areas of Improve quality of basic education, strengthen efforts geared towards elimination of child labour, to promote young people’s access to Friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SRHS), to empower youths and other groups to strengthen their livelihoods and To strengthen the organization capacity of Rafiki-SDO .
RAFIKI -SDO now seeks to recruit dynamic, intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity, to fill the following vacancies
1. FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER (F)= 1 POSTS
REPORTS TO: Finance and admin Manager
LOCATION: Kahama Distric.
1. FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT OFFICER(F)=1POSTS
• Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
• Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
• Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
• Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
• Obtain approvals from the Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
• Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
• Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
• Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
• Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
• Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications for the person needed for this post include;
• Diploma in Finance/accounts
• At least with not less than two years of experience working in similar field
• Competent in computer, English and Kiswahili languages
• Flexible to learn or get advice in a manner that aim at improving the project
• A person who is aware of child rights, human rights and cultural practices of Sukuma and other tribes residing in Kahama-Shinyanga
• Able to work under pressure and team work
• A person without record of child rights abuse cases
• Knowledge of and experience in project Implementation, including the use of logical framework, theory of change and other planning and Outcome based report writing.
• Experience with Child Rights based programming is an advantage
Finance and administration assistant will be required to be flexible to work in remote areas where beneficiaries are found and able to interact with other staff in office for the matter concerning finance issues.
Primary supervisor of finance and administration assistant will be finance and administration manager who will be responsible to Executive Director. However finance and administration assistant will be also allowed to seek for managerial and technical advice from Executive Director
• All applicants must be able to speak, read and write in both English and Kiswahili.
• All applicants must have proven skills of computer applications.
• Applicants with motorbike driving license is an advantage.
Remunerations: attractive and competitive remuneration package shall be offered to the right candidates
Mode of Application
Handwritten applications attached with current colored passport size photograph of the relevant certificates CV and names and addresses of two referees should reach the undersigned not later than 7th November, 2016.
Applications should be submitted by Email, post or physically at Rafiki -SDO head office located at Igomelo , near Msalala Council Office, Kahama