Company: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Arusha, Arusha Region, Tanzania
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Government, Nonprofit, Education
Job Title Operations Administrator, NTRI Program Job ID 46296 Location Tanzania Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular OFFICE LOCATION
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Operations Administrator will work as part of a team within a Business Unit coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as operations support, procurement, meetings management, special events, training, volunteer programs, etc.This Position is based in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Operations Administrator will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the program by implementing tactics for approved plans, and completing day-to-day tasks and activities. S/he may be responsible for planning and execution of logistics for special events and/or meetings, purchasing, central filing, mailroom operations, facility management, telecommunications, and/or reception. S/he may assist with the recruitment, training, and recognition of program volunteers, and may direct the activities of volunteers. In addition, the Operations Administrator may perform Information Systems, Human Resources, and Finance administrative tasks, including processing forms, preparing reports and forecasts, and monitoring and preparing budgets. S/he will respond to inquiries about program activities, create program materials, and draft correspondence. S/he is well versed in the systems and resources utilized by the team in order to execute assigned tasks. S/he will maintain, track and research data, produce and review reports, and perform program analysis. The Operations Administrator provides guidance in satisfying administrative requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. S/he will provide support and targeted training related to the functional area of the team. S/he will implement processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Operations Administrator will communicate with staff in various programs across the Conservancy; as well as with donors, volunteers, vendors, and business relations. S/he will effectively communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
• Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
• Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
• Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
• Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
• Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation.
• May act as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when instructed.
• May supervise administrative and/or volunteer staff, responsibility includes training and professional development.
• Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
• Refer difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
•Travel and work flexible hours as needed.
• Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
• Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
• Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience coordinating administrative processes.
• Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
• Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
• Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
• Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
• Excellent “customer service” skills and focus.
• Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
• Knowledge of current trends in specific field.
• Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 46296, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on March 30, 2018.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact [email protected]
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screenin
Vacancy #: 2747
Unit: Tanzania Country Office
Organization: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Location: Tanzania Project Office, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator - SUSTAIN AFRICA TANZANIA
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 March 2018
Type of contract: Fixed-term (12 months)
Closing date: 23 February 2018
THIS IS LOCAL POSITION OPEN ONLY TO TANZANIAN NATIONALS OR THOSE WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN TANZANIA
More specifically, the roles and responsibilities of the Office Administrator include:
1. Office Administration and Programme Support
• Coordinating day to programme office administration including support for hosted programmes;
• Keeping efficient records systems including donor and contractual records;
• Receiving and undertaking initial contract reviews and getting contracts signed;
• Maintain an updated contact lists for the Tanzania Programme office including all projects operating out of the Tanzania office.
• Organization and compilation and delivery of communication materials, workshops and similar deliverables as necessary;
• Providing support with regards to scheduling project meetings, writing minutes and agendas and circulating reference materials as required;
• Coordinate and follow-up of service, maintenance and insurance of official vehicles.
2. Finance Management
• Working with Programme Coordinator and Regional Finance Lead to compile financial and technical reports and any other documents as required;
• Initiation of purchase requisitions and travel advance transactions into the Admin portal and ensuring adequate supporting documents is uploaded with each request;
• Preparing and reviewing supporting documentation for external audits as required;
• Administer and reconcile petty cash and ensure payments requests are processed timeously;
• Ensure IUCN complies with all local taxation regulations including preparation of statutory returns;
• Ensuring that all financial records and files (e.g., supporting documents for expenditures, contracts, purchase orders, fixed asset inventory) in the office are well organized and maintained;
• Ensure all assets are appropriately covered by insurance;
• Receive and check partner accountabilities and ensure that all expenditure is properly supported before submission for review to Regional Programme Finance Officer;
• Maintain bank accounts and ensure sufficient funds are available to facilitate payments;
• Support procurement processes (equipments, supplies and services based on IUCN procedures;
• Check travel advances, travel claims and other settlement of advances and ensure adequate documentation is provided before they are processed
• Assist with end of year preparation and audit Preparation
• Maintain the bank accounts and ensure sufficient funds is available to facilitate payments for all office operations
• Undertake any other financial and or administrative duties as assigned.
3. Human Resources Management
• Strategic HR support to the Programme office on IUCN HR policies and procedures;
• Keep proper file for the programme office and ensure staff information is appropriately filled;
• Ensures that all newly hired employees in the office have gone through formal orientation;
• Provide support to Programme Coordinator and Project officers in recruitment processes;
• Ensure all HR policies, rules, procedures, HR forms, labor laws and country agreements are collated and readily accessible.
• Be the focal person in ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety Act in the country office and ensure that standards are adhered to as per the local labour laws;
• Process work permits applications, renewals and cancellations, Prepare work certificates, expatriate staff support etc.
• Ensure IUCN complies with all local labor laws and all staff are registered with the appropriate authorities;
• Oversee the payroll process in IUCN Tanzania Office
4. Logistic Support (including Motor Vehicles)
• Logistical support for projects including driving IUCN vehicles on various official errands; including town and out of town driving, picking and delivering supplies, documents, mail, staff and guests as may be assigned;
• Communicate effectively with staff and official guests on driving schedules and inform supervisor;
• Coordinate and manage vehicle logbook, maintenance and insurance of official vehicles;
• Transport of persons, goods and / or documents mainly within Dar es Salaam;
• Maintain log book of each vehicle belonging to the programme office;
• Organize meetings events such as workshops and Board meetings;
• A university degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g., finance/accountancy, project management, business management, administration)
• Excellent knowledge and experience of financial applications and Microsoft Office;
• Minimum 3yrs excellent experience with demonstrable experience of supporting a busy office;
• Strong project administrative skills including dealing with financial reports, audits and contracts;
• Valid and clean driver’s license
• Ensure compliance with applicable traffic laws, regulations and/or IUCN rules, standards and guidelines on vehicle usage.
• Excellent knowledge of Tanzanian laws and regulations;
• Ability to handle complex and demanding administrative roles and learn new systems and procedures
• Proficiency in written and oral English and Kiswahili required;
• Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in dealing staff, partners and IUCN programme stakeholders;
• Constructive attitude, initiative, drive and approach to work;
• Adheres to IUCN ESARO core values of Transparency, Inclusiveness, Professionalism and Accountability;
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views;
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision and manage work in demanding environment
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational responsibility.
• A good team player, proactive and commitment to continuous learning;
• Willingness to undertake work related travels when required.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
Linux and Networking System Administrator
Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure at Mobisol. He or she participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
• Engineering of system administration related solutions for various project/operational needs
• Installing new and rebuilding existing servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Installing and configuring Linux systems to defined specifications
• Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures as well as system standards
• Researching and recommending innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks to leverage resources and provide economies of scale
• Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Performing daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
• Performing regular file archival and purge as necessary
• Creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request
• Providing Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies; Investigating and troubleshooting issues
• Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures; Coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies
• Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities; Configuring / adding new services as necessary
• Upgrading and configuring system software that supports Mobisol infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
• Maintaining operational, configuration, or other procedures
• Performing periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required; Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
• Maintaining data center environmental and monitoring equipment
• Bachelors in Information Technology or a related field
• CCNA / MTCNA Certification
• At least 2 years experience in a similar Systems Administration role
• Expert in Linux Systems and Server Administration (Ubuntu 16.04)
• Expert in WAN / LAN Networking / Routing / VPN and related technologies
• Familiarity with open source mail servers (Postfix / Dovecot)
• Familiarity with LDAP authenticatioin
• Familiarity with Mikrotik Routerboard OS 6
• Familiarity with Asterisk PBX / Telephony
• Familiarity with all major Operating System Clients (OSX, Windows, Linux)
• Familiarity with Server Monitoring Systems (eg: Zabbix, Nagios, Solarwinds)
• Proven team player
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Self-starter with a passion for Mobisol and its mission to plug in the world
• Willingness to travel within the region and internationally
• Fluency in English, fluency in Swahili is a plus
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion.
HOW TO APPLY
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity, disability, religion, or beliefs.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking the "Apply" button below.
• Responsible for administration of all the bank’s databases and providing technical design, development and maintenance of the database and associated applications
• Ensure the accessibility, security and integrity of the bank database infrastructure to maintain effective operations
• Take care of the database design and implementation
• Install, upgrade, and configure database software and related dependencies (Web Logic applications server, hosting hardware and operating systems e.g. Windows and Solaris)
• Perform proactive database maintenance activities and provide 24/7 support when required
• Monitor, tune, and troubleshoot database to ensure high performance and availability
• Implement and maintain database security
• Manage database backups and recovery plans
• Setup and maintain documentation and standards
• Business understanding of banking systems
• Knowledge of the Flexcube Core Banking System
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Good organization skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong knowledge on Oracle Database Administration, Unix/Solaris Operating System
• Knowledge on Oracle WebLogic application
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline
• Professional certifications OCA and OCP in Oracle Database 11g or higher is mandatory
• At least 4 years work experience in relational database environment, preferably Oracle DBMS, Microsoft SQL and MySQL
• Experience in Operating Systems administration; Linux, Unix, Solaris and Windows
Job ID: 29425
Job Sector: Banking
Closing Date: Jan 22 2018
Region/State/Province/District: Dar es Salaam Region
Location: Dar es Salaam
Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To perform systems administration duties including, but not limited to; intraday processing, start/end of day activities, month end activities, general housekeeping, system maintenance activities, backups, restores, user management (creation/deletion/unlocking/locking etc), report printing starting/stopping servers and processes etc.
• Execute Start/End of day processes including month/year End processes and ensure these are completed within agreed times so as to ensure high availability of service to branches and head office departments
• Print reports and statements and ensure timely distribution branch network and other head office departments
• Monitor and manage user activity in the computer room and test areas.
• Monitor system, network and data storage capacity and ensure these are within optimum limits
• Complete daily/weekly/monthly checklists for all routine process
• Verify data integrity by executing predefined system checks
• Conducting routine systems clean ups and other database/file management activities to ensure optimum system performance
• Call logging on Team Track of afterhours calls, provide resolution and escalate where necessary
• Monitor ATM server and network activity and advise ATM custodians of any down time
• Collect and compile statistical information on system performance as directed by Team Leader
• Assist in maintaining documented (e.g. Disaster Recovery) procedures and run books for the datacentre in the bank
• Ensure synchronization/replication of critical systems is mantained for the successful DR tests
• Participate in project implementations as assigned and ensure completion within set timelines
• Update project stakeholders about the project progress and provide consistent feedback at agreed intervals
• Assist in software implementations on the production systems where necessary
• Provide full support during Implementation of approved changes onto Live, Contingency and DR servers across all systems
• Perform system and data backups in accordance with agreed cycles and ensure that all tapes/storage media are appropriately stored per Group guidelines and standard
• Ensure replication between production and DR data centres
• Monitor replication across the two sites
• Reduction of MTTR
• Define RPOs in line with replication strategy
• Ensure replication, tape/external media backups are in place
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related field
• Banking/financial industry experience would be an added advantage
• Certification/Active Membership of a professional organisation would be an added advantage
• Strong problem solving skills
• Technically competent with knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods
• Must have knowledge of the bank’s Core systems
• At least two years experience in any of the following areas: IT security, Infrastructure, Technical, support, Systems Administration, Applications support, Electronic Banking/Channels Support, Programming, Database Administration, Systems Analysis
Commercial & Trade Marketing Coordinator
This position will have responsibility for developing and managing the trade marketing strategy for all sales channels in the assigned region. Execution of massive and segmented offer for all products in Commercial Categories (MBU). This includes Regional Coordination of commercial field initiatives à Regional analysis of consumer behaviour and competitor’s actions with focus on field activitiesàGet involved in defining the Regional pricing strategies and revenue management actions that maximize revenues, gross margin and market shareà Implement Product knowledge to all Regional Customer touch points.
The position has responsibility related to building brand equity and sales. The Commercial and Trade Marketing Coordinator is responsible for working as part of the Marketing team and Commercial team to develop and execute marketing and commercial programs associated with the growth of the TIGO in the assigned region.
· Commercial, Trade Marketing and BTL strategy for assigned region
· POS visibility of the Tigo Brand and products for assigned region
· Take charge in developing route to market plan for promotions/product or services launches and supervise the initial stage and throughout the product life circle
· Plan trade activities in line with the overall commercial strategy to ensure effective implementation and ROI achievement
· Plan and manage retail visibility and ensure relevant messaging on all BTL/ POS communication materials.
· Recommend relevant POS materials & collaterals; manage their distribution/deployment in the assigned region/s
· Supervise sponsorship properties as well as proactively identify suitable sponsorship opportunities, determine the ROI and manage the benefits throughout the sponsorship lifetime.
· Supervise the execution of marketing programs including brand/sales promotions, events, experiential engagements and exhibitions
· Manage BTL/POS deployment agencies to ensure the deliver as planned
· Implementation of massive and segmented Regional Commercial field execution initiatives under the supervision of Product Delivery Manager and collaboration with Regional Marketing Services àGo to Market à Customer Operations.
. Implement and manage product knowledge processes to successfully enable Regional Customer touch points with fully knowledge of our services and products
· Ensure the Regional Commercial field execution plans are met objectively
· Participate directly in reviewing of the Regional ATL communication from Marketing Services before they are deployed
· Regional report products performance: gross margin, pricing elasticity, ROIC, penetration, ARPU and Churn variances, impact on revenues
· Ensure the Regional commercial executions are aligned to meet Departmental and Company objectives in terms of Revenue and Acquisition
· Provide support on pre-launch testing in your Region as advised by the Product Delivery Manager
· Ensure fully participation in the Regional product conceptual process via sharing the customer feedback found during the weekly field visits from your Region
· Ensure relevant product/service knowledge visibility at the Regional market and all our customer touch points, at any point in time
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· University degree, preferably in marketing, communication, technology, engineering or business administration
· Proven training skills, MBA or master preferably in marketing will be an added advantage.
· Managerial, Commercial or Trade Marketing experience, preferably in FMCGs (medium or large size organization)
. Proficiency with the MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
· Core knowledge on Commercial part of the business
· Core knowledge about marketing-related subjects such as advertising, consumer behavior, marketing strategy, market research.
· A minimum of 3+ years of marketing, commercial/trade, business management or franchise management experience.
· Budget management and strong analytical skills.
· Team Player
· Passionate about the possibilities (and challenges) of an increasingly digitally enabled world.
· Passionate about digital products and services.
· Strategic thinker.
· Effective communicator and presenter.
· Able to build relationships and credibility quickly.
· Fluent in English and Kiswahili
· Strong analytical skills.
· Solid experience in data analysis and making presentations.
· Deep understanding of product management (product life cycle, etc.).
· Capable of take into analysis different inputs (commercial, financial, strategic, etc.) to define the communication plan
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Administartor EPA Project
Responsible for improving the governance, document management and process auditability of all formal documentation related to the EPA project.
· Create and maintain a document tracking database, ensure a reconciliation between database and physical files
· Update database to track status of documentation from preparation to execution and filing
· Main documents to be prepared executed and tracked are ITP’s (Intention to proceed’s) and updates/formal amendments to site leases
· Collecting required information, compiling into documents Printing and follow up through signature process and ensuring tracking is in place for all stages of the process
· Periodic reporting on process performance and improvements tracking
· Other related administrative duties as assigned by supervisor
· Degree in Business Administration, and/or related
· Excellent in oral and written communication skills
· Ability to read and understand and prepare formal documents
· Able to manage and plan own workload.
· Independent and with good work attitude with high level of integrity
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel
TO APPLY CLICK HERE