Experience 3 Years
AVIATION SECURITY OFFICER (3 POSTS)
a) JOB SUMMARY:
To ensure Security and Safety of passengers and luggage from checking up to disembarking. Maintaining security of equipment directly associated with ATCL operations
• Minimum of Ordinary/Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education
• Have attended and passed TCAA approved relevant AVSEC training.
• Must be computer literate
• Certificate in Law or any post-secondary qualification will be an added advantage
• At least three (3) years working experience in Aviation Security
• Responsible for the ATCL Security Operations.
• Proactively supervise and control security operations station to ensure security of departure and arrival of ATCL flights
• Implement security deployment plan to ensure secure coverage of all areas of operation.
• Ensure proper coordination with contracted aviation service security providers for the entire process of ATCL.
• Build good working relationships with security providing partners to facilitate for timely/immediate solution of any security issues affecting ATCL.
• Ensure contracted aviation security service providers consistently adopt procedures, processes and all other relevant amendments made to the ATCL aviation security program
• Ensure proper handling, carriage and disposal of fire arms and other prohibited items to comply with set standards.
• Undertake checks and vulnerability test for contracted aviation security services to ensure continued standards of work performance.
• Analyze theft, pilferage and loss of baggage trends and develop security counter-measures to ensure security of company, customer and staff properties.
• Conduct preliminary investigation on all detected/reported cases within the scope of aviation security to ensure speedy conclusion.
• Ensure safe collection and forwarding of lost and found properties to the Aviation Security Officer – Standards, Training and Records for hand over to owner or disposal.
• Protect and ensure Company revenue integrity through collection of unpaid excess weight charges.
Attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
3. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
4. Five (3) years contract (renewable) upon successful performance
5. MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
i) A detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
ii) Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School and birth
certificate), and other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian
applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their
certificates approved by relevant authorities i.eTanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination
iii) Two recent passport size photographs;
iv) Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
v) Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
vi) The applicant must indicate willingness to work upcountry when need be.
Note: Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications duringapplication shall warrant legal consequences
6. CLOSING DATES:
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 7 daysfrom the first date of this announcement:-
MANAGING DIRECTOR& CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM