Qualifications Master’s Degree
– Bachelors or Master’s degree in research, social science or business studies, with proven affinity of social awareness.
– Experience with reviewing current development programmes and identifying areas for improvement;
– Experience working in fragile context with expertise of different approaches as (DRR/CBDRM, Conflict transformation, Peace-Building etc)
– Several years of experience in conducting large survey / fieldwork (data collection, validation, entry and analysis), leading field staff teams implementing surveys in the field;
– Strong affinity with and preferably expertise in resilience issues in developing countries;
– Ability to communicate with different stakeholders on different levels within organisations
– Knowledge on resilience and risk management in developing countries is required as a core skill;
– Know-how of participatory assessment / development approaches is required;
– General software knowledge (e .g. Microsoft Office), and knowledge of statistical packages such as Excel, SPSS or STATA.
Previous experience of living or working in Pakistan or South Asia