Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Social and Environmental Officer
Department: Market Development and Technologies
Reports To: Market Development and Technologies Manager
Under the supervision of the Market Development and Technologies Section,
to provide specialist advice, technical assistance, education and
training to renewable energy project developers in social and
environmental issues and to ensure that projects implemented by the
Agency are socially and environmentally sound.
Major Activities of the Position
1. Assist renewable project developers in carrying out sodal and
environmental studies for their projects and see to it that
operations are executed adequately to meet Agency and Donors
safeguard and legal requirements;
2. Assist in developing environmental and social policy, guidelines and
programmes of the Agency^ undertakings in collaboration with the
3. Follow up and review environmental, sodal and auditing studies
carried out on behalf of the Agency by external consultants;
4. Provide technical and professional support in the implementation of
environmental and social mitigation measures and administer
environmental and social monitoring of energy projects implemented
or supported by the Agency;
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned by superior/supervisor.
Duration of the Assignment
Hie duration of the contact will be one (1) year, with possible
extension upon satisfactory performance.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. Degree in Sociology; Environmental Sciences/Management;
Environmental Engineering; Land Management and Valuation; or closely
2. Related postgraduate education and training in environmental and
social impact assessment, resettlement management, implementation
and monitoring of mitigation measures and knowledge of the World
Bank environmental and social safeguard policies will be an added
3. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in related field with exposure
to energy projects is essential.
4. Must be registered with NEMC as an Environmental Expert,
5. Computer literacy is mandatory.
Salary and other fringe benefits to be agreed upon will be paid by the
Mode of Application
Applications Indicating three (3) referees attached with CVs and
relevant copies of certificates must reach the following address not
later than 20th July 2018.
Rural Energy Agency,
Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd Floor, – Sam Nujoma Road,
DAR ES SALAAM