Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant position of Radio technician at NED-ELCT Utume FM Radio Lushoto
Job title: Radio Technician
Reporting to Radio Director
Nature of Work:
Radio technicians must have a tolerance for sometimes inconsistent work hours and off-hours repair calls. It's beneficial to have a natural grasp of electronic systems and equipment, as well, though many radio technicians learn these concepts on the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Installs and maintains different types of radio equipment used in radio networks, including base station equipment and portable transceivers installed at field camps and forestry lookout towers.
2. Performs general overhaul work in radio equipment.
3.Rebuilds or recommends the modification of equipment’s to improve systems or meet specific requirements not provided for by commercial suppliers.
4. Climbs forestry lookout towers or standard radio towers of considerable height in the field servicing of radio transceivers and related equipment.
5. Performs other related duties assigned.
Training and Experience Required:
1. Thorough knowledge of the theory of radio transmission.
2. Considerable experience at least 3 years in the field.
3. Good working knowledge of AM (Amplitude Modulation), SSB, VHF, (Very High Frequency) and FM (Frequency Modulation) equipment.
4. Diploma in electronics.
5. Must be prepared to travel extensively in the area.
Contract period: The holder of this position will be offered a contract of two years- renewable
Mode of Application:
Interested candidate should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, curriculum vitae, telephone number and contact addresses of three referees to the address below
North Eastern Diocese-Evangelical Lutheran Church
P.O Box 10 Lushoto-Tanga