COMPLIANCE MANAGER – SSRA
Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/H/01 23rd September, 2014
On behalf of the Social Security Regulatory Authority (SSRA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 3 vacant posts in the above public institutions.
1.0 THE SOCIAL SECURITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY (SSRA)
The Social Security Regulatory Authority (SSRA) was established under the Social Security Regulatory Act No. 8 of 2008 as amended by Social Security Laws (Amendments) Act No. 5 of 2012. The main objective of SSRA is to regulate the Social Security Sector and providing for related matters. In light of its legal mandate provided, the Authority plays an important role in regulating and supervising the provision of social security services that greatly influence socio-economic and general well-being of Tanzanians.
COMPLIANCE MANAGER (1 POST) – RE-ADVERTISED
1.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze financials and regulatory returns from the schemes;
• Monitor and evaluate regularly the performance of Schemes, managers custodians and administrators and recommend measures to be taken when the need arise;
• Conduct onsite inspection to the Schemes, Managers, Custodians and administrators; and prepare inspection reports
• Prepare compliance and inspection manuals for the schemes, managers, custodians and administrators,
• Receive and monitor offsite surveillance returns and prepare reports,
• Prepare guidelines for the efficient and effective operations of Schemes, managers custodians and administrators;
• Provide advisory services to the Schemes, Managers, Custodians and administrators on all compliance related matters;
• Provide advisory services to social security members on compliance related matters;
• Ensure compliance to policies, laws and regulations,
• Advise the Director on regulation, inspection and monitoring matters in relation to social security sector;
• Disseminate guidelines applicable to regulatory activities to Schemes, managers , custodians and administrators;
• Advise on the disciplinary measures including penalties and sanctions in consultation with Legal Services Section and Registration Services whenever necessary;
• Prepare Inspection and monitoring guidelines for the efficient and effective operations of the Schemes, managers , custodians and administrators;
• Conduct Special investigation and inquiries whenever a need arise to Schemes, managers, custodians and administrators;
• Design and implement monitoring and supervision systems for Schemes, managers, custodians and administrators;
• Carry out preliminary investigations on matters affecting the operations in the Social Security Sector.
• Assist Director of compliance in review of policies, laws and regulations on registration and promotion of social security schemes, managers, custodians and administrators.
1.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
• Master’s degree/Post graduate diploma either in social security/protection, actuarial science, insurance, economics, finance, law, business administration or related fields from any recognized University/Institution,
• At least nine (9) years of working experience in a related field,
• Knowledge of financial sector regulation will be an added advantage.
1.1.3 KEY COMPETENCES
• The candidate will have excellent analytical skills, experience in risk management and good knowledge of the investment market in Tanzania.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
– Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
– Computer Certificate
– Professional certificates from respective boards
– One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
x. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xi. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiii. Dead line for application is 7th October 2014.
xiv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xv. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvi. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xvii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xviii. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.