Our Client, an all Villa Resort Located on the stunning white sandy beach, on the South East Coast of Zanzibar Island is seeking to recruit a Detail-Oriented Senior Accountant to be part of their Finance Team.
Oversee all of the financial activities; including the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for future business growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below:
· Manage all day to day accounting operations of the company ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
· Prepare monthly financial reports (Balance sheet, P&L, Cash flow statement etc.) on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
· Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
· Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Zanzibar/Tanzania. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
· Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
· Payroll & Payroll-Statutory' Management
· Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
· Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company's gross margin.
· Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
· Motivate and lead finance team members by providing training, guidance, and direction to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
· Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
· Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Board of Directors for review and sign off.
· Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by the Directors.
· Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting plus CPA (T)
· At least 6+ overall experience in finance
· 3+ years' proven working experience as a Senior Accountant or higher level.
· Fully qualified and member of NBAA.
To be successful in this role, you must be:
· Attentive to detail and have exceptional organizational skills
· Able to think critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
· Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
· Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity
· Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals
This is highly rewarding career opportunity for Tanzanian Nationals, apply Online through the LINK.