CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERPopular
Animal Breeding East Africa Ltd (ABEA), is a private company incorporated in Tanzania. ABEA provides services and products to the farmers to help them improve their livestock (mostly cattle) to increase profits from sales of animal products. ABEA has been established since 2016 and now has a nationwide network of franchised AI & Herd Improvement Technicians. The network and volume of inseminations is growing rapidly, with strong local and international partners and solid long term contracts to deliver. The successful applicant will be based in Dar es Salaam, and will be responsible to the Chairperson of the Board of Directors.
2.0 General position objective
· To provide strategic and management oversight of the business.
· To grow the value and profitability of the business.
· To work with key stakeholders to ensure that they understand the value that ABEA brings to livestock improvement in Tanzania.
· To provide Dairy and Beef Industry Leadership for livestock development and productivity extending across East Africa
3.0 Key responsibilities
· Facilitate and support the effective governance of the business by the Board of Directors.
· Deliver financial performance to the expectations of the Board of Directors.
· Develop a high-quality team with a culture to deliver or exceed expectations
· Enhance and build the value of the ABEA brand through responsible marketing programs and strong relationships with key stakeholder.
· Foster strategic innovation that will contribute to growth or increased profitability.
· Ensure that the genetic development program is producing “fit for purpose” product for customers.
· Ensure that business systems and necessary equipment is developed and maintained to allow the team to operate efficiently and effectively, delivering a high standard of service to customers.
· Ensure that the company meets all legal and compliance requirements, and business risks are managed effectively as directed by the Board of Directors.
· To act in the interests of the Company at all times, to be constantly aware of the implications of actions and decisions on the Company and to strive to achieve a high standard of service.
4.0 Competencies and specifications
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in successfully managing multi-function businesses
· Excellent understanding of financial management and systems is essential.
· Experience in managing large teams with demonstrated ability to build a strong culture is essential.
· Ability to formulate and successfully implement business plans and strategies is essential.
· Working knowledge of modern IT and management tools is essential.
· Knowledge of cattle breeding sector is valuable.
· Experience in dealing with government departments and Public-Private-Partnerships (PPP) is valuable.
· Experience in dealing with large global companies and NGO’s would be valuable.
4.2 Personal qualities
· Strong Leadership qualities.
· Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· High ethical standards.
· Excellent inter-personal skills.
· Ability to foster a high level of performance in the business team
5.0 Application Instructions
Please send your application and supporting documents to [email protected] by April 10, 2018. The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV. All applications will be evaluated equally and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
|Deadline||April 10, 2018|