Position title: Act. Project Officer
Position Location: Arusha, with regular travels to work in rural Tanzania
Reports to: Country Representative, Tanzania Office
Contract term: One year with three months probation
Deadline: 12th March 2018
Farm Radio International (FRI) is a Canadian non-profit organization with a mission to support broadcasters in developing countries to strengthen small-scale farming and rural communities. For detailed information please visit our website; www.farmradio.org.
Job Description- Act. Project Officer
1. Project Planning
· Assist in initiate, develop and finalize planning for projects with respective departments and offices
· Participate in developing project proposals and project documentation
· Develop monthly work plans & Budgets
2. Project Implementation
· Support & Implements all aspects of project implementation processes and development as required and requested
· Assist in timely implementations of all projects.
· Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/ training)
· Undertake other program administration including Staff & Volunteers recruitment, Appraisals, etc.
· Carry out pre-broadcast research including Baseline Survey, Rapid Appraisals, Formative Research & Outcome evaluation
· Reporting on project activities and expenditure and according to project timeframes
· Preparing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
4. Project Monitoring and Evaluation
· Be responsible for monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
· Responsible for managing project database and other M&E tools.
· Implement the project M & E plan in a professional manner
· Conduct summative or outcome evaluation with communities
· Visit project sites on a regular basis (monthly or bi-monthly) & Share photos and success stories.
· Participate in Project review
5. Communication Management
- Establish sound working relationships with Partner Radio Station staff, other multilateral donors, and host country counterparts.
- Promote and disseminate Farm Radio International Resources for Broadcasters to different media houses and broadcasters
- Produce all required reports and work plans in compliance with established rules and regulations.
· Ensure transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation
- Minimum 2 years of experience in implementing communication for development projects especially in the areas of: participatory radio campaigns, ICT for development, communication research for development, using radio for community mobilization and project cycle management is mandatory.
- A degree in mass communication, journalism, agricultural communication, agricultural education, agricultural economics and extension or related field is required.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, as well as to develop a network of contacts among partner radio stations, government officials, and non-government staff if necessary.
- Evidence of excellent inter-cultural communication skills and proven experience in conducting pre-broadcast and similar research with farming communities.
- Deep respect for the traditional knowledge, wisdom and capabilities of women and men smallholder farmers
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with community organizations, government officials, general public and staff;
- Demonstration of honesty, transparency, accountability;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Project)
- Prior work experience with Communication and Development NGOs preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel within and outside Tanzania up to 50% of the time
· General: The job requires making sound decisions pertaining to the effective and efficient implementation of project activities.
· Financial: The job requires sound financial management, analytical skills, and budgeting to support program development.
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with names of three referees, and their contacts to [email protected]
Please note that Farm Radio International has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications should only be sent to the above-mentioned addresses. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: March 12th-2018
|Deadline||12th March 2018|