Customer Service Officer IIPopular
Title of position: Customer Service Officer II – Str.3/Swahili (one Position)
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
The holder of this position heads the section responsible for Customer Services at
the Front Office in Tanga UWASA, and ensures quality delivery of water and
sewerage services to customers. He/She participates in water and sewerage
service promotion, and maintains customer satisfaction and good lasting
Position relationships: Reports to the Customer Service Manager.
Supervises the Assistant Customer Service Officer.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Attends to customers at the site and office, and supervises all customer
services activities in the area in accordance with a prepared plan agreed with
the Customer Services Manager;
2. Allocates assignments to subordinate staff on a daily basis and monitors their
performance to ensure that jobs are done effectively and efficiently;
3. Maintains appropriate databases of customers in the area and of services
rendered to them;
4. Formulates and implements programmes for achieving set targets in the area
with respect to unaccounted-for-water, billing and revenue collection;
5. Monitors customer complaints in the area and takes measures to minimise
6. Advises the Customer Service Manager on all matters pertaining to customer
services, billing, credit control, leakage control, new connections in the area –
and ensures that the Manager is at all times appraised of opportunities and
7. Prepares periodic reports outlining the performance of the section and the
status of customer services;
8. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Customer
Services Manager from time to time.
Qualifications : The applicant of this position must have the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Commerce or any other related
2. Must be Computer Literate.
3. Experience of at least three years working in recognised Institutions.
Each post carries attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure.
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application
letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from
referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,
|Deadline||15 March 2018|