Title of position: Drivers II (Two posts)
Scope of the position: The holder of this position will be responsible for safely driving and efficient
maintenance of the Authority’s vehicles by observing and adhering to vehicle maintenance schedule, and proper keeping of fuel reports.
Position relationships: Reports to the Human Resources Officer
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. To handle and drive the assigned vehicle for official duties within or outside
Tanga City and observes all rules and guidelines according to the legal and
2. Ensures that the vehicle is in good and safe working condition prior to use;
3. Ensures the vehicle is consistently clean in a manner which is consistent with
the Authority’s image;
4. Maintains and keep up to date log books and submit to the supervisor every
day for inspection;
5. Updates all vehicle documents such as car registration, insurance cover, motor
vehicle license, etc;
6. Carries out minor vehicle repairs and other emergency activities during road
breakdowns and report any damage or mechanical malfunctions for
7. Makes sure the vehicle is maintained and services are carried as scheduled;
8. Implements administrative duties such as collecting and delivering
documents, parcels, mails as directed by the supervisor;
9. Makes sure the vehicle is parked at Authority’s yard after working hours and
keys are handed over at the safe custody;
10. Complies with ISO requirements on the daily activities;
11. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from
time to time.
Each post carries attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure.
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application
letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from
referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,
|Deadline||15 March 2018|