Plant and Maintenance Engineer IIPopular
Plant and Maintenance Engineer II - (One Position)
Scope of the position The holder of this position heads the Plant & Maintenance Section and is
responsible for the overall management, development, repair and preventive
2maintenance of the Authority’s electrical equipment, transport facilities and
Working relationships: 1. Reports to : Technical Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Supervises all maintenance activities in the Authority in accordance with a
programme of action agreed with the Technical Manager;
2. Oversees the maintenance and repair works of all mechanical, electrical, and
civil installations and equipment in the Authority – whether performed in-house
or through external service providers to ensure that such works are carried out
efficiently and effectively;
3. Oversees creativity for plants infrastructure modernization to reduce costs and
4. Monitors contractors with a view to ensuring that contracts are implemented in
accordance with contract terms;
5. Advises the Technical Manager on all matters pertaining to plant maintenance
– and ensures that the Manager is at all times appraised of opportunities and
threats that have a bearing on the Authority’s plants infrastructure and
6. Prepares periodic reports outlining the performance of the plants maintenance
Section and the status of infrastructure;
7. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Technical
Manager from time to time.
The applicant of this position must have the following:
1. Bachelor Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Mechanical /Electrical Engineering.
2. Must be Computer Literate.
3. Experience of at least three year working in recognised Institutions.
Each post carries attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure.
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application
letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from
referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,
|Deadline||15 March 2018|