Water Production Engineer II (WPE)Popular
1. Title of position: Water Production Engineer II (WPE) (One position)
Scope of the position
The holder of this position heads the Water Production Section and is responsible
for all Authority’s operations at the dam, the pump station, and the treatment plant.
He/She is responsible for water production and treatment processes and ensures
routine maintenance of the Water production plant, machines and equipment used
for water production and treatment.
• Reports to the Technical Manager;
• Supervises Water Laboratory Technician & Water Production Technician
Key duties and
1. Supervises all water production processes in accordance with systems and
procedures agreed with the Technical Manager;
2. Maintains proper records of water quantity and quality in the dam, and
monitors all factors that might impinge on the water production process;
3. Oversees water production processes to ensure that they are conducted in
accordance with set standards and procedures;
4. Oversees the works of the pump station and ensures that all operations
proceed in accordance with set standards and procedures;
5. Oversees the storage and usage of all chemicals used in the water production
6. Allocates assignments to subordinate staff on a daily basis and monitors their
performance to ensure that jobs are done effectively and efficiently;
7. Advises the Technical Manager on all matters pertaining to water production –
and ensures that the Manager is at all times appraised of opportunities and
threats that have a bearing on the Authority’s ability to produce quality water;
8. Prepares periodic reports outlining the performance of the production Section
and the status of water production;
9. Undertakes the preparations of planning, designing and construction of water
production development and modernization;
10. Foresees the rehabilitations and maintenance of water production
11. Oversees environmental protection and conservation of the water source and
liaises with other bodies on conserving the water catchments area;
12. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Technical
Manager from time to time.
The applicant of this position must have the following:
1. Registered Engineer with Bachelor Degree /Advanced Diploma in Water
Resources / Environmental/ Civil/Sanitary/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
or any other relevant qualifications.
2. Computer knowledge in using Engineering software as a pre requisite.
3. Experience of at least three years working in the water services industry.
Each post carries attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure.
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application
letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from
referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,
|Deadline||15 March 2018|