Assistant Information Technology OfficerPopular
Title of position: Assistant Information Technology Officer
(Computer Systems Security and Network Administration)
Scope of the position:
The holder of this position is responsible for effective provision,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware,
software and the related infrastructure in Tanga UWASA. The Assistant
Information Technology Officer oversees and ensures the security of all missioncritical
systems. He/She is responsible for the ICT systems security and ensures
the systems and the related procedures adhere to organizational guidelines.
Position relationships: Reports to the Information Technology Officer -Systems Administration
Supervises the Information Technology Technician
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Configures, implement and maintain WAN and LAN infrastructure to ensure
network connectivity throughout the network infrastructure;
2. Configures and maintains switches, routers, network security, firewalls, VPN
3. Conducts repair and routine preventive maintenance of the ICT infrastructure.
4. Monitors network traffic and VPN connections;
5. Conducts vulnerability assessment of networks; analyze firewall logs and
router log files;
6. Conducts regular Information Security risk assessment and timely advise the
7. Provides appropriate infrastructure technology solution to support the
8. Assists IT system users in adopting IT changes at workplace and attendsystem
9. Ensures that the IT network infrastructure diagrams and the related documents
are timely updated and properly maintained;
10. Assists IT Officer Systems Administration on preparing specifications for
hardware to be procured by the Authority;
11. Maintains systems efficiency and monitors networks to ensure security and
availability to specific users;
12. Manages Users and User Accounts access Control;
13. Ensures security of data, network access and the backup systems
14. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Information
Technology Officer -Systems Administration from time to time.
The holder of this position must have the following:-
1. Degree in computer science/ Computer Engineering/ Information Technology/
Software Engineering/ Management Information Systems or equivalent
2. A minimum of one year experience on a similar Position.
3. Possession of a relevant recognized ICT professional certification will be an
Each post carries attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure.
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application
letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from
referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,
|Deadline||15 March 2018|