TRANSPORT MANAGER 1 POST
Reports to Director of Logistics
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and
coordination of all transportation matters within the organization including managing budgets,
organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet road worth standards
and legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
1.3 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advise the Director of Logistics on all matters related to Transportation
• Implement MSD Strategic Plan in relation to Logistics objectives and enables other
directorates perform their functions through innovative approaches for efficiency and
cost effective measures.
• Implement Transport performance contract and Strategic Management Office (SMO)
targets in the Directorate
• Routes Optimization Planning and Load Scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
• Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
• Digital monitoring through GPRS of car movement and driving behavior (car tracking)
• Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
• Transporting consignments in trucks and containers that have security seals
• Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies,
and budgets for improving services
• Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of
transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
• Conducting routine inspection and ensuring timely maintenance services to vehicles to
maintain their road worthiness at all times
• Monitor repairs and maintenance of vehicles, and material handling equipment’s.
• Prepare annual plans, budget and budgetary control, periodic reports and other
resources for the section
1.4 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Business Administration, International
Business, Transport and Logistics Management or Procurement and Supply Chain
Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Bachelor Degree in Transport, Engineering, Economics, Sociology or Statistics or
Logistics Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
Ten years of working experience of which four must be in a senior position.
Must be registered with Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics
Business writing skills
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
Form IV and form VI results slips;
Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
vi. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
ix. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
x. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
xi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letters should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 63100,
Dar Es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is 19th February, 2018;
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
xv. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/
and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
|Deadline||19 February 2018|