Assistant Research and Development Officer IIPopular
Title of position: Assistant Research and Development Officer II - (One Position)
One year contract
Scope of the position The holder of this position is responsible for activities within the Research and
Development Section in assisting the Head of Section in discharging all duties
related to research and development activities in Tanga UWASA. He will be
involved in writing project proposals and resource mobilization, researching and
coordinating the formulation of working policies.
1. Reports to : Research and Development Officer .
2. Supervises: Research Assistant
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Assists the Research and Development Officer in conducting studies on
various areas related to water resources management, and Sanitation
2. Writes project proposals and participates in mobilizing resources for Tanga
UWASA investment projects.
3. Assists the respective head of the Section in researching and developing
business network with development partners and stakeholders;
4. Collects and analyses data obtained from studies based on Tanga UWASA
operations and advice on the recommendations;
5. Supervises Research Assistants on collection of data, data entry and analysis
6. Supporting innovation and invention activities within the section and in liaising
with other sections and individuals from outside the R&D section;
7. Assists the respective head of section in coordinating the activities related to
the development of Authority’s working policies, and guidelines,
8. Studies and Advises on the implementation, and review of the Authority’s
plans and strategies;
9. Complies with ISO requirements on the daily activities.
10. Performs any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the
The applicant of this position must have the following:
1. Bachelor Degree/Advanced diploma in Statistics/Business administration/
Economics or any other related qualifications from a recognized institution;
2. Must be Computer Literate.
3. Experience of at least one year working in recognised Institutions.
Each post carries attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure.
Anybody who possess the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application
letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from
referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
• Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011,