ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Arusha City. In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority’s establishment.
WATCHMAN / SECURITY TECHNICIAN I (1 Post):
Appointing Authority: Management Committee.
Reports To: Head of Administration. ‘
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant must be / have:
• Holder of Fonm IV / VI certificate.
• Certificate of People’s Militia, Police, Tanzania Peoples Defense Force (TPDF), National
• Minimum of five years working experience in security guard in a reputable institution.
Employment Terms: Three years Contract – Renewable upon satisfactorily perfonmance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Daily making clearly visible of theft, damage, personal injury, and other illegally signs / acts.
• Perform security duties by watching out for any strange thing that may mean hanm. For this reason, he/she must have very keen senses of sight, hearing, smell and others
• Patrol and keep watching of suspicious persons and activities so as to safeguard the
organization’s property against theft, burglary, trespass, during day and night.
• Take action to prevent disturbances.
• Make periodic inspection around buildings and ground examining doors, windows and gates that they are properly. secured.
• Read the safety and security reports of the Security Company and prepare day and night reports about security position and handle it to the Head of Section.
• Report to management and police any incidences of theft, trespass or any illegal entry.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Head of Section.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
All above vacancies carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in- specific vacant post and AUWSA’s Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
i. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
ii. The CV must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
iii. Form IV and VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
iv. Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
v. Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
vi. In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
– Excellent communication skill.
– High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
– Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
– Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
– Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 31st July, 2015.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SEWERAGE AUTHORITY
EMAIL; [email protected]
Source; Mwananchi 9th July 2015